Details for Benchmark: JW1826
N 39° 38.500 W 079° 58.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONONGALIA county, WV View Original Datasheet
- MR 99 LA
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USE (MONUMENTED)
|06/11/1989 by HARTMN (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY HARTMANN ASSOCIATES INCORPORATED 1989
ON THE LEFT BANK OF THE MONONGAHELA RIVER AT MILE 99.3, AT GRANVILLE. ON THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT OF THE MONONGAHELA CONNECTING RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER DENTS RUN. A ONE INCH BRASS PIN M.R.R. BENCHMARK, DESIGNATED AS A-75 BY THE U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS. NOT STAMPED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.