Details for Benchmark: JX0126
N 39° 15.917 W 080° 07.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TAYLOR county, WV View Original Datasheet
- H 79
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
0.7 MI E FROM FLEMINGTON. 0.7 MILE EAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT FLEMINGTON, TAYLOR COUNTY, AT THE RAILROAD PUMPING PLANT, 21 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH TRACK, AT THE WEST WATER TANK, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF THE SOUTHWEST LEG, AND 1-1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.