Details for Benchmark: JY0714
N 39° 53.700 W 082° 57.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, OH View Original Datasheet
- J 189
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
5.1 MI SE FROM COLUMBUS. ABOUT 2.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG SOUTH HIGH STREET FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT COLUMBUS, THENCE 0.6 MILE EAST ALONG HOSACK STREET, THENCE 0.2 MILE SOUTH ALONG PARSONS AVENUE, THENCE 2.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG GROVEPORT ROAD, SET ON THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE STONE FOOTING FOR THE SOUTH ABUTMENT OF THE GROVEPORT ROAD OVERPASS OVER THE CHESAPEAKE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 6.6 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE FOOTING, 4.6 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. NOTE-- WITNESS POST SET
|01/01/1973 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.