Details for Benchmark: JY1214
N 39° 53.700 W 082° 57.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, OH View Original Datasheet
- J 189 RESET 1982
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
8.2 KM (5.1 MI) SE FROM COLUMBUS. 3.5 KM (2.2 MI) SOUTH ALONG SOUTH HIGH STREET FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN COLUMBUS, THENCE 1.0 KM (0.6 MI) EAST ALONG HOSACK STREET, THENCE 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) SOUTH ALONG PARSONS AVENUE, THENCE 3.4 KM (2.1 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG GROVEPORT ROAD TO ROAD OVERPASS OF RAILROAD, IN TOP AND SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A 0.61 METER BY 0.61 METER (2 BY 2 FT) SQUARE CONCRETE BASE OF A SIGNAL LIGHT, 30.2 METERS (99.0 FT) WEST OF WEST END OF STONE WINGWALL OF RAILROAD OVERPASS, AND 55.8 METERS (183.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF GROVEPORT ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.