Details for Benchmark: JY1293
N 39° 57.809 W 083° 02.404 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, OH View Original Datasheet
- CITY OF COLUMBUS 18-83
- Marker Type:
- alumnium marker (other than a disk)
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by OH1800 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1983 by OH1800 (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|01/01/1987 by AEROS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY AERO SERVICE CORPORATION 1987 (TJA)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 70 AND U.S. ROUTE 40, 4.8 KM (3.0 MI) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, 1.6 KM (1.0 MI) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. ROUTE 33 AND STATE ROUTE 315 IN COLUMBUS. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF COLUMBUS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AVENUE AND MC KINLEY AVENUE IN COLUMBUS, GO WEST FOR 0.05 KM (0.03 MI) ON MC KINLEY AVENUE TO THE ENTRANCE DRIVE OF THE MC KINLEY AVENUE PARK ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH FOR 23 METERS (75 FT) ON THE ENTRANCE DRIVE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT INSIDE A METAL COVERED TILE PIPE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE DRIVE.
THE STATION IS A BERNSTEN 30 INCH ALUMINUM BREAKOFF MARKER STAMPED---18-83 1983---, SET IN CONCRETE RECESSED 30 CM BELOW GROUND AND INSIDE A TILE PIPE WITH AN IRON ACCESS COVER. LOCATED 20.0 METERS (65.7 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM A PK NAIL IN THE WEST SIDE OF THE BASE OF A POWER POLE, 5.0 METERS (16.5 FT) WEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF AN ASPHALT DRIVEWAY, 26.2 METERS (85.9 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A SHELTER HOUSE IN THE PARK, 34.4 METERS (112.8 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A PK NAIL IN THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF A 6 INCH DIAMETER CRAB APPLE TREE. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS A 6 INCH SUBSURFACE AUXILIARY MARKER SET IN CONCRETE BELOW THE BASE OF THE PRIMARY MARK AND DIRECTLY BELOW THE SURFACE MARK 0.76 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.