Details for Benchmark: JZ0585
N 39° 05.600 W 084° 50.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DEARBORN county, IN View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1947 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
AT LAWRENCEBURG. AT LAWRENCEBURG, DEARBORN COUNTY, 0.4 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION, 66 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE TRACK, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SHORT AND WILLIAM STREETS, AT THE POST OFFICE, IN THE TOP STEP, 12 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE, 42 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SHORT STREET, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED LAWRENCEBURG 1938.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN LAWRENCEBURG, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SHORT AND WILLIAMS STREETS, IN THE NORTHWEST END OF THE LANDING OF THE SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE TO THE POST OFFICE, 18.5 M (60.7 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF SHORT STREET, 15.3 M (50.2 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF WILLIAMS STREET, 3.7 M (12.1 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST FACE OF THE BUILDING. THE MARK IS 0.9 M ABOVE THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.