Details for Benchmark: JZ0774
N 39° 12.067 W 084° 33.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||2oldfarts (the rockhounders) marked JZ0774 as destroyed
I am a little late in logging this mark. We recieved this benchmark NO. 368 for the 2006 Benchmark Contest as 3rd prize! So, it is indeed destroyed but we have it at home to show everyone what one looks like and prove we did a lot of logs and found lots of Old marks to win it.
Thank you 4leafclover for allowing us the chance of being an owner of a former NGS included mark. It even came with the surveyors paper with the details of where it had been, Coordinates and Elevation and now with an X on it and "OUT 2 - 2006". WAY COOL!
P.S. To anyone who wants to see this mark to see what one looks like out of its surroundings and log it as destroyed...just ask and we will be more than happy to show it to you.
||4leafclover marked JZ0774 as destroyed
I currently have this disk in my possession. Given to me after the surveyor's office removed it from its setting.
On to be some one's "prize"....
||4leafclover found JZ0774
recovered as described. unfortunately, had no gps, or camera with me.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by OH1610 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1947 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
2.2 MI SW FROM NORTH COLLEGE HILL. 1.15 MILES SOUTH ALONG HAMILTON AVENUE FROM THE SCHOOL AT NORTH COLLEGE HILL, THENCE ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG NORTH BEND ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF BELMONT AVENUE, 25.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF NORTH BEND ROAD, 28 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE PROLONGED CENTER LINE OF BELMONT AVENUE, 43.4 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE BRICK HOUSE AT 2204 NORTH BEND ROAD, 6 FEET WEST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 0.5 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE SIDE WALK, IN A HEDGE ROW AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.