Details for Benchmark: JZ0847
N 39° 21.767 W 084° 32.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, OH View Original Datasheet
- HAMILTON NW BASE RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
2.2 MI SE FROM HAMILTON. 2.25 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HAMILTON, AT POLE 23/08, ON THE PROPERTY OF GEORGE C. HICKS, AT A POINT WHERE HUSTON ROAD PARALLELS THE TRACK SOUTHEAST AND TURNS WEST AWAY FROM THE TRACK, 28 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE SOUTHEAST BOUND TRACK, 20 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTHEAST TANGENT WHICH PARALLELS THE TRACK, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE PROLONGED CENTER LINE OF THE WEST TANGENT, 118 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION MARK, 217.5 FEET EAST OF R.M. 2, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.