Details for Benchmark: JZ0856
N 39° 20.067 W 084° 30.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 145
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
5 MI SE FROM HAMILTON. 5.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HAMILTON, ABOUT 5.4 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE STATION AT GLENDALE, AT OVERPASS NO. 204 OVER PORT UNION ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE TOP STEP OF THE EAST WING WALL OF THE OVERPASS, 6.1 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL AND ABOUT 1.5 FEET BELOW THE TRACK.
|01/01/1977 by DOD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.