Details for Benchmark: JZ0993
N 39° 21.150 W 084° 33.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, OH View Original Datasheet
- J 144
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
0.8 MI N FROM SYMMES. 0.75 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 127 FROM THE BRIDGE OVER PLEASANT RUN CREEK AT SYMMES, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SYMMES ROAD, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE ROBERT MACQUISTON YARD, 46 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 18 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF SYMMES ROAD, 21.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVE TO THE HOUSE, 1 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE LINE, 2.5 FEET WEST OF THE FENCE CORNER, 2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES.
|01/01/1977 by DOD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1977
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.