Details for Benchmark: JZ3170
N 39° 21.502 W 084° 32.371 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, OH View Original Datasheet
- HAMILTON AMER CYANIDE CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (CTH)
THIS IS AN INTERSECTION STATION.
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE SOUTH OF THE CORPORATION LIMITS OF HAMILTON, OHIO, AND ABOUT 100 YARDS EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY NO. 4. THE TANK IS OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION, AND IS PAINTED RED AND WHITE, CHECKER DESIGNED. IT HAS RED OBSTRUCTION LIGHTS.
THE POINT OF INTERSECTION WAS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE WATER TANK. THE STATION IS ON THE PROPERTY OF THE AMERICAN CYANIDE CO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.