Details for Benchmark: JZ3407
N 39° 21.712 W 084° 30.991 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 18 MILES NORTH OF CINCINNATI, 2.5 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HAMILTON, AT THE HAMILTON AIRPORT, 0.5 MILES EAST OF THE AIRPORT OFFICE, AT THE EAST END OF THE RUNWAY AND BETWEEN THE RUNWAY AND TAXIWAY. THE AZIMUTH MARK IS 0.6 MILES WEST OF THE STATION, 0.2 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE OFFICE AND BETWEEN THE RUNWAY AND TAXIWAY. AIRPORT MANAGER JOHN OR ART HOGAN, TELEPHONE 513-863- 4447. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE 275 AND STATE ROUTE 4, ABOUT 7 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF HAMILTON, GO NORTH AND NORTHWEST 2.5 MILES ON ROUTE 4 TO THE JUNCTION WITH STATE ROUTE 4 BYPASS, CONTINUE NORTH- WEST 3.5 MILES ON ROUTE 4 TO A RAILROAD OVERPASS, CONTINUE NORTH 0.5 MILES ON ROUTE 4 TO JUNCTION WITH BOBMEYER ROAD, TURN RIGHT AND GO 1.1 MILE EAST ON BOBMEYER ROAD TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE ON THE LEFT AND THE STATION AS DESCRIBED. THE STATION MARKS ARE STANDARD DISKS STAMPED HOGAN 1986. THE SURFACE MARK IS SET IN A 28 CM (11 INCH) DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT RECESSED 1 CM IT IS 83.2 METERS (273 FEET) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE RUNWAY, 53.2 METERS ( 175 FEET) EAST OF A WINDSOCK, 30.8 METERS (101 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY, 16.3 METERS (53.5 FEET) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER ONE OF THREE RUNWAY THRESHOLD LIGHTS, 15.6 METERS (51. FEET) WEST OF A LIGHT AT THE CORNER OF THE RUNWAY AND TAXIWAY, 11.7 METERS (38.4 FEET) NORTH- NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE TAXIWAY, AND 4.3 METERS (14.1 FEET) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A CHISELED GROOVE IN THE NORTH EDGE OF THE TAXIWAY. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS RECESSED 90 CM ( 36 INCHES). TYPED BY JAMES MALONEY 9/06/87.
|08/12/1987 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- This mark is at Hamilton-Fairfield Airport (HAO)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.