Details for Benchmark: KA0171
N 39° 41.733 W 086° 01.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARION county, IN View Original Datasheet
- T 245 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by NYCRR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD 1953
4.3 MI NW FROM ACTON. 4.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ACTON, MARION COUNTY, 9 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 101, 6 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF AN EAST-AND-WEST ROAD (THOMPSON ROAD), AT CULVERT 454, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL, 10.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 245 1947 RESET 1953.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS. 2.4 KM (1.5 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 465 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 74 IN SOUTHEAST INDIANAPOLIS, THENCE 2.9 KM (1.8 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE CONRAIL RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.