Details for Benchmark: KB0547
N 39° 54.783 W 088° 57.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MACON county, IL View Original Datasheet
- V 34
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by ILHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
5 MI N FROM DECATUR. ABOUT 4.65 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY STATION AT DECATUR, THENCE 0.35 MILE WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD, 0.15 MILE WEST OF THE LINCOLN LABORATORIES COMPANY BUILDING, 20 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 206 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 51, 49 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PRIVATE DRIVEWAY, 7 1/2 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH IS LEVEL WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. SEC 23, T 17 N, R 2 E.
|01/01/1976 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976
MARK WAS RECOVERED. THE ROAD HAS CHANGED SOME WHAT. THE MARK IS 70 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A GREEN HOUSE, 45 FT. EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE SERVICE ROAD ON EAST SIDE OF US HIGHWAY 51, 21 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST-WEST ROAD AND 7.5 FT. EAST OF A POWER LINE POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.