Details for Benchmark: KB1481
N 39° 49.850 W 089° 37.714 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SANGAMON county, IL View Original Datasheet
- SPRINGFIELD ST ALOYSIUS CH
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (GWM)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE SPIRE ON THE FRONT OF THE CHURCH LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF SANGAMON AVENUE AND NORTH 20TH STREET IN THE CITY OF SPRINGFIELD. THE SPIRE IS BLACK WITH A WHITE BASE SUPPORTING IT. THE HEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 90 FEET.
|01/01/1976 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976 (AMS)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--LOCATED IN SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.