Details for Benchmark: KD0380
N 39° 20.733 W 093° 12.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SALINE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- 172 CAP
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
2 MI NE FROM MIAMI. 0.05 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE SOUTH END OF THE MIAMI TOLL BRIDGE ACROSS THE MISSOURI RIVER AT MIAMI, THENCE 1.0 MILE NORTHEAST, 0.7 MILE NORTH AND 0.25 MILE EAST ALONG DIRT ROADS, 0.15 MILE EAST OF BENCH MARK E 224, SOUTHEAST OF POINT WHERE THE ROAD FROM THE WEST MAKES A 90-DEGREE TURN TO THE NORTH, IN A FENCE CORNER, 23.0 FEET EAST OF THE EXTENSION TO SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD LEADING NORTH, 21.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENSION TO THE EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD LEADING WEST, 12.0 FEET EAST OF A 36-INCH PECAN TREE, 17.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 36-INCH PECAN TREE, 3.0 FEET NORTH OF THE FENCE CORNER POST, 2.0 FEET EAST OF A REFERENCE POST, PROJECTS 1.0 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.