Details for Benchmark: KD0471
N 39° 21.967 W 093° 13.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- B 224
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
1.5 MI SW FROM DE WITT. 1.5 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE WABASH RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DE WITT, 0.55 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND STATE HIGHWAY 41, IN THE EAST HEADWALL OF A CULVERT UNDER A NORTH-SOUTH DIRT ROAD, 92.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE RAILROAD, 12.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTH-SOUTH ROAD, 32.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING EAST ALONG THE RAILROAD TRACK, 44.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 48-INCH COTTONWOOD TREE, 8.0 FEET NORTH OF A 24-INCH MAPLE TREE.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.