Details for Benchmark: KD0474
N 39° 22.647 W 093° 13.932 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION 1949
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN DEWITT, GO WEST ON GRAVEL STREET FOR 0.25 MILE TO U.S. HIGHWAY 24 AND SINCLAIR SERVICE STATION. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHWEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 24 FOR 0.35 MILE TO SIDE ROAD LEFT. (AZIMUTH MARK IS 0.1 MILE WEST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24.) TURN SHARP LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST UPHILL FOR 0.1 MILE TO FARM BUILDINGS AND BOARD GATE JUST WEST OF BARN. PASS THROUGH BOARD GATE AND GO SOUTH ACROSS FIELD ON WEST SIDE OF FENCE FOR 0.2 MILE TO GATE IN EAST WEST FENCE AND REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 JUST EAST OF GATE AS DESCRIBED. PASS THROUGH GATE AND GO SOUTH-SOUTHWEST ACROSS FIELD FOR 0.1 MILE TO HIGH GROUND AND THE STATION.
THE MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION MARK IS SET ON THE HIGH POINT OF A SMALL HILL IN THE CULTIVATED FIELD. IT IS A 4 INCH IRON CAP BOLTED ON AN IRON PIPE WITH A RAISED TRIANGLE IN THE CENTER OF THE CAP. THE MARK PROJECTS 4 INCHES.
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
1 MI SW FROM DE WITT. 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG A DIRT STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT DE WITT, THENCE 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 24, THENCE 0.35 MILE SOUTH THROUGH A FARMYARD TO THE TOP OF A HILL AND THE CENTER OF A SMALL HAY MEADOW, 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF A FARMHOUSE BELONGING TO CARL E. BUELSEN, ON THE TOP OF A HILL, IN THE CENTER OF A SMALL HAY MEADOW, 156 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF DE WITT R.M. 1, 270.6 FEET WEST OF DE WITT R.M. 2, 177.5 FEET NORTH OF AN EAST AND WEST FENCE, 79.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION DE WITT 1928, 1.8 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, A MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION STANDARD CAP ON THE TOP OF A 4 INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.