Details for Benchmark: KD0475
N 39° 22.617 W 093° 13.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- MISSOURI RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1928 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
0.9 MI SW FROM DE WITT. 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG A DIRT STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT DE WITT, THENCE 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 24, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTH THROUGH A FARMYARD TO THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A SMALL HAY MEADOW, 0.25 MILE SOUTH OF A FARMHOUSE BELONING TO CARL E. BUELSEN, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A SMALL HAY MEADOW, 156 YARDS NORTHEAST OF MISSOURI (M.O.R.C.), 136 YARDS NORTH OF DE WITT R.M. 2, 6.3 FEET WEST OF THE NORTH END OF A WIRE GATE, 2.3 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST AND WEST FENCE, 2.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- THE STAMPING OF THIS MARK WAS CHANGED FROM DE WITT 1928 TO MISSOURI 1928 IN 1949.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.