Details for Benchmark: KD0477
N 39° 22.967 W 093° 13.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- 171 B 52/3 CAP
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
AT DE WITT. AT DE WITT, 325.0 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WABASH RAILROAD STATION, AT THE FOOT OF THE BLUFF, 87.0 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A HOUSE, 36.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A STREET LEADING TO THE STATION, 16.0 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE, 1.0 FOOT SOUTH OF A REFERENCE POST, AN IRON CAP BOLTED ON TOP OF A 4-INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.