Details for Benchmark: KD0483
N 39° 24.833 W 093° 11.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- U 213
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
2.4 MI N FROM DE WITT. 2.25 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE WABASH RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DE WITT, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD, ABOUT 250 FEET NORTH OF THE U.S. HIGHWAY 24, AT THE FARM HOME OF CORA KING, 39.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE FARM HOME, 15.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 5.6 FEET SOUTH OF AN 18-INCH WALNUT TREE, 2.0 FEET NORTH OF A REFERENCE POST, SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.