Details for Benchmark: KD0484
N 39° 25.150 W 093° 11.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, MO View Original Datasheet
- C 43/2
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
3.9 MI W FROM BRUNSWICK. 1.9 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 24 FROM THE WABASH RAILROAD STATION AT BRUNSWICK, THENCE 2.0 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 24, ABOUT 400.0 FEET EAST OF THE WEST SMITH SCHOOL HOUSE, DISTRICT NO. 80, 10.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, A CHISELED SQUARE CUT ON THE EAST END OF THE CONCRETE BRIDGE CURB AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF HIGHWAY BRIDGE NO. J 175. NOTE-- MARK IS 0.7 MILE NORTHWEST OF BENCH MARK U 213.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.