Details for Benchmark: KE0257
N 39° 04.433 W 094° 37.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WYANDOTTE county, KS View Original Datasheet
- HLR 28
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
AT KANSAS CITY. AT KANSAS CITY, WYANDOTTE COUNTY, ON THE EAST BANK OF KANSAS RIVER, 115 FEET WEST OF THE SEVENTH STREET BRIDGE, 102 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A VERTICAL RAIL BEARING AN ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY NO TRESPASSING SIGN, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTH SEVENTH STREET AND METROPOLITAN AVENUE, 1.8 FEET EAST OF THE POINT OF AN ARROW CUT ON THE EAST CURB LINE OF SOUTH SEVENTH STREET, AND 12 INCHES UNDER GROUND. A CORPS OF ENGINEERS U.S. ARMY, STANDARD CAP, STAMPED H L R NO 28 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS. ADD--8.4 M (27.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 6.7 M (22.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET, AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST AND GUARD RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.