Details for Benchmark: KE0719
N 39° 28.383 W 095° 44.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- Z 325
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
1 MI W FROM HOLTON. 0.6 MILE WEST ALONG 5TH STREET FROM THE COURT HOUSE AT HOLTON, THENCE 0.5 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 75, 16.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE WITNESS POST, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE NORTH END OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A LARGE CONCRETE BRIDGE, ABOUT 1.5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.