Details for Benchmark: KE0805
N 39° 27.783 W 095° 50.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- Q 120
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
6.1 MI W FROM HOLTON. 6.1 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 16 FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT HOLTON, JACKSON COUNTY, AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 79 LEADING NORTH, 60 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL ROAD, 47 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 16, AND 1 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE. A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Q 120 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.