Details for Benchmark: KE0963
N 39° 35.417 W 095° 37.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- H 108
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT WHITING. AT WHITING, JACKSON COUNTY, AT THE CROSSING OF THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD AND THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY, AT THE NORTH END OF THE EAST WALL OF THE UNDERPASS, AND IN THE FIRST STONE OF THE ABUTMENT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 108 1934.
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.