Details for Benchmark: KE1000
N 39° 30.750 W 095° 44.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- SKIRT RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||wister6813 couldn't find KE1000
Not found after a visual search. The post was probably struck during mowing operations.
Report submitted to the NGS.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3.5 MI N FROM HOLTON. 3.5 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 75 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 75 AND STATE HIGHWAY 16 IN THE WEST EDGE OF HOLTON, 79.6 FEET NORTH OF THE WITNESS POST, 65 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.