Details for Benchmark: KE1003
N 39° 31.533 W 095° 44.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- BLAST RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
4.5 MI N FROM HOLTON. 4.45 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 75 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 75 AND STATE HIGHWAY 16 IN THE EAST EDGE OF HOLTON, THENCE EAST, ON MACADAM ROAD FOR 0.35 MILE TO THE SECURITY GATE OF THE MISSILE SITE. THE MARK IS CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE EAST CURBING OF THE RAMP LEADING INTO THE MISSILE BAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.