Details for Benchmark: KE1708
N 39° 04.698 W 094° 36.720 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WYANDOTTE county, KS View Original Datasheet
- WY 45
- Marker Type:
- alumnium marker (other than a disk)
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by KS-209 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WYANDOTTE COUNTY KANSAS 1988
STATION WY 45 IS LOCATED 106.7 M (350.1 FT) WEST OF CAMBRIDGE CIRCLE DRIVE AND 106.7 M (350.1 FT) NORTH OF ABBIE AVENUE AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A MOUND APPROXIMATE ADDRESS 100 ABBIE AVENUE KANSAS CITY WYANDOTTE COUNTY KANSAS. TO REACH STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE I-35 AND CAMBRIDGE PROCEED NORTH ON CAMBRIDGE .16 KM (0.10 MI) TO INTERSECTION OF GRAYSTONE AVENUE, THEN TURN LEFT AND PROCEED SOUTHWESTERLY ON GRAYSTONE AVENUE .16 KM (0.10 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION OF CAMBRIDGE CIRCLE DRIVE THEN TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED NORTHERLY ON CAMBRIDGE CIRCLE DRIVE .32 KM (0.20 MI) TO THE ENTRANCE OF A PARKING LOT TO THE WEST, THEN TURN LEFT INTO THE PARKING LOT AND PROCEED WEST IN PARKING LOT 106.7 M (350.1 FT) TO THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT. STATION IS ON THE LEFT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE MOUND. STATION IS 97.20 M (318.9 FT) SOUTHERLY OF A CHISLED X CUT ON BACK OF CURB OF THE MOST NORTHWESTERLY CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT, 100 FOOT NORTHERLY AND 175 FEET WESTERLY OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A BRICK BUILDING, 85.78 M (281.4 FT) NORTHWESTERLY OF AN EXISTING BRASS CAP IN CONCRETE MONUMENT SURROUNDED BY PIPE GUARD RAIL AT SOUTHEAST CORNER OF MOUND, 53.03 M (174.0 FT) SOUTH OF A CHISLED X ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF A CONCRETE BASE FOR A LIGHT POLE 5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE PARKING LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.