Details for Benchmark: KF0525
N 39° 16.650 W 097° 44.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, KS View Original Datasheet
- L 171
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by KSGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
1.7 MI E FROM DELPHOS. 1.7 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT DELPHOS, OTTAWA COUNTY, AT A CEMETERY, AND 5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER. A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED L 171 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1980 by KSDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1980
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.