Details for Benchmark: KF0529
N 39° 20.133 W 097° 42.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLOUD county, KS View Original Datasheet
- P 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
4.2 MI NE FROM DELPHOS. IN CLOUD COUNTY, 3.8 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT DELPHOS, OTTAWA COUNTY, THENCE 4.0 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 81, AT A ROAD INTERSECTION, 75 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 70 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE JOHN TAPPAN MAIL BOX, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE ON THE HIGHWAY, AND IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST ABUTMENT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED P 171 1934. NOTE-- THE LOCATION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 81 HAD BEEN MOVED 2 MILES TO THE EAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.