Details for Benchmark: KF0970
N 39° 39.500 W 096° 01.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEMAHA county, KS View Original Datasheet
- CORNING METHODIST CHURCH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (RLE)
THE STATION IS THE SPIRE ON THE TOP OF THE CORNING METHODIST CHURCH. IT IS LOCATED 1 BLOCK NORTH OF THE MAIN PART OF TOWN AND 1 BLOCK EAST OF STATE ROUTE 63. IT IS A GREY PAINTED FRAME STRUCTURE WITH A BELFRY OVER THE EAST ENTRANCE WITH A SPIRE ON THE TOP. THE ROOF OF THE BELFRY IS PAINTED RED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.