Details for Benchmark: KG0717
N 39° 31.367 W 099° 16.044 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROOKS county, KS View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (RLE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.0 MILES NORTH OF STOCKTON AND ABOUT 3.0 MILES SOUTH OF THE ROOKS-PHILLIPS COUNTY LINE IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A PASTURE. IT IS JUST NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHEST POINT OF HILL, 42 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 38 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD, 17 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND 5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST. IT IS STAMPED FARMINGTON 1950 AND PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS ON THE ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER IN ELEVATION THAN THE STATION, 24 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD AND 1 FOOT WEST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE. IT IS STAMPED FARMINGTON NO 1 1950 AND PROJECTS 2 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS ON THE ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER IN ELEVATION THAN THE STATION, 25 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD, 24 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, AND 2 FEET EAST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE. IT IS STAMPED FARMINGTON NO 2 1950 AND PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
THE DISTANCE BETWEEN R.M. NO. 1 AND R.M. NO. 2 IS 93.24 FEET.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS ON THE ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY, 18 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD, 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND 2 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST. IT IS STAMPED FARMINGTON 1950 AND PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN STOCKTON, GO WEST FOR 0.05 MILE TO U.S. HIGHWAY 183, TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 183 FOR 5.2 MILES TO A CROSSROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST FOR 1.0 MILE TO A CROSSROAD, TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON DIRT ROAD FOR 0.95 MILE TO STATION ON LEFT AS DESCRIBED. (CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD, NORTH, FOR 0.45 MILE TO AZIMUTH MARK ON RIGHT AS DESCRIBED.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 26 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.