Details for Benchmark: KH0103
N 39° 06.783 W 100° 27.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GOVE county, KS View Original Datasheet
- H 2
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
0.2 MI N FROM GRAINFIELD. 0.2 MILE NORTH ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT GRAINFIELD, AT THE OLD OPERA HOUSE BUILDING, 3 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK, 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE LETTERS USBM, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, A CHISELED CROSS IN THE IRON FACE OF THE BUILDING.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.