Details for Benchmark: KH0509
N 39° 52.667 W 101° 56.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEYENNE county, KS View Original Datasheet
- E 150 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1948 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
9.8 MI S FROM HAIGLER. 9.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 27 FROM THE CHICAGO, BURLINGTON AND QUINCY RAILROAD STATION AT HAIGLER NEBRASKA. 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF A FARMHOUSE AND A LARGE RED BARN. 62.2 FEET EAST AND 9 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTHWEST QUARTER OF SECTION 16, T 2 S, R 41 W, AND NEAR THE JUNCTION OF A LANE LEADING EAST, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- IT WAS REPORTED AT THAT TIME IT HAS APPARENTLY BEEN DESTROYED DURING ROAD CONSTRUCTION.
|1/1/1975 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1975
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.