Details for Benchmark: KH0594
N 39° 26.087 W 101° 02.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In THOMAS county, KS View Original Datasheet
- CBK A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1987 (PBW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE COLBY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT NEAR RUNWAY END 17.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US 24 AND STATE 25 GO NORTH ON STATE 25 FOR 2.0 MILES TO THE AIRPORT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD NOS DISK STAMPED---CBK A 1987---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE EXISTING GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 73.33 METERS (240.6 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM RUNWAY END 17, 38.86 METERS(127.5 FT) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF RUNWAY 17-35, AND 38.86 METERS(127.5 FT) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE TAXI STRIP.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN WAS 1.50 METERS ABOVE THE MARK.
DESCRIBED BY P B WALBOLT.
|01/01/1987 by NOSAMC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NOS ATLANTIC MARINE CENTER 1987
3.2 KM (2.00 MI) NORTH FROM COLBY. NEAR COLBY, KANSAS AT THE COLBY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. 24 AND STATE 25, GO NORTH ON STATE 25 FOR 2 MILES TO THE AIRPORT AND STATION ON THE RIGHT. IT IS 73.33 METERS (240.6 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM RUNWAY END 17, 38.86 METERS (127.5 FT) WEST FROM THE WEST EDGE OF RUNWAY 17-35 AND 38.86 METERS (127.5 FT) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE TAXIWAY. FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- This mark is at Shaltz Field Airport (CBK)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.