Details for Benchmark: KJ0192
N 39° 07.664 W 103° 27.093 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 257
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
1.2 MI SE FROM HUGO. 1.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HUGO, LINCOLN COUNTY, 6 1/2 POLES EAST OF AN ANGLE IN A ROW OF POLES, IN LINE WITH THE ROW OF POLES LEADING WEST FROM THE ANGLE, 160 FEET SOUTH OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40, AND 13 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 257 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|08/27/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 17.2 MI (27.7 KM) SOUTHEAST OF LIMON, 1.1 MI (1.8 KM) SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AND COUNTY ROAD 109 IN HUGO, ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 40, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 4, T 11 S, R 54 W, AT U.S. HIGHWAY 40 MILEPOST 400.25. OWNERSHIP--UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE EAST JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 24, 40, 287, AND INTERSTATE 70, GO SOUTHEAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 40 FOR 14.25 MI (22.93 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A BRASS DISK IN A CONCRETE POST 0.2 FT (0.1 M) ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 178.4 FT (54.4 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40, 13.8 FT (4.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE OF U.S.. HIGHWAY 40, 182.7 FT (55.7 M) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACKS, 13.8 FT (4.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST, AND 1.5 FT (0.5 M) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|07/20/1993 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (KAW)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.