Details for Benchmark: KJ0231
N 39° 16.997 W 103° 46.739 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ELBERT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- N 257
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
5.2 MI NW FROM LIMON. 5.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE U.P RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LIMON. 15 POLES SOUTHEAST FROM M.P. 556. 90 FT. NORTH OF THE RAILROAD TRACK OPPOSITE THE SOUTHEAST END OF BRIDGE 555.65, 135 FT. SOUTH OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE OLD U.S. HWY 40. STANDARD DISK IN CONCRETE POST STAMPED N-257 1938.
|03/25/1993 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993 (RSC)
THE STATION WILL BE USED DURING A GPS PROJECT. THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.1 MI (6.6 KM) WEST OF LIMON ALONG INTERSTATE 70, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 9, T 9 S, R 57 W, AT INTERSTATE 70 MILEPOST 355.6. OWNERSHIP--UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE RIVER BEND EXIT (EXIT 354) OF INTERSTATE 70, GO SOUTHWEST FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO STATE HIGHWAY 40, TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 40 FOR 1.0 MI (1.6 KM) OVER STRUCTURE G-21-B, TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 11 IN SQUARE CONCRETE POST, PROTRUDING 6 IN FROM THE GROUND. IT IS 93 FT (28.3 M) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERNMOST RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACK, APPROXIMATELY 200 FT (61.0 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 40, 1.4 FT (0.4 M) SOUTHEAST OF A BARB WIRE FENCE, AND 1.5 FT (0.5 M) NORTHEAST OF A FIBERGLASS NGS WITNESS POST. DESCRIPTION BY K.A. WILLIAMS, CDOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.