Details for Benchmark: KJ0360
N 39° 30.550 W 103° 58.560 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ELBERT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- H 258
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
3.8 MI NW FROM AGATE. 3.8 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AGATE, ELBERT COUNTY, AT MILEPOST 576, 150 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40, 80 FEET NORTH OF THE TRACK, AND IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POLES. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 258 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|03/25/1993 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993 (RSC)
THE STATION WILL BE USED DURING A GPS PROJECT. THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8.0 MI (12.9 KM) SOUTH OF DEER TRAIL ALONG INTERSTATE 70, IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 22, T 6 S, R 59 W AT INTERSTATE 70 MILEPOST 336.4 AND STATE HIGHWAY 40 MILEPOST 358.9. OWNERSHIP--UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE UNDERPASS AT THE LOWLAND EXIT (EXIT 336) OF INTERSTATE 70, PROCEED SOUTHWEST 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO STATE HIGHWAY 40, GO NORTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 40 FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A BRASS DISK IN A 11" SQUARE CONCRETE POST, PROJECTING 5" OUT OF THE GROUND. IT IS 83 FT (25.3 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 40, 83 FT (25.3 M) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERNMOST RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACK, 7.1 FT (2.2 M) SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD MILEPOST 576 ATTACHED TO IT, 3.O FT NORHTEAST OF A CDOT FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST, AND 1.4 FT (0.4 M) NORTHWEST OF A NGS FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DESCRIPTION BY K.A. WILLIAMS, CDOT
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.