Details for Benchmark: KK0527
N 39° 44.400 W 105° 00.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENVER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- S 54
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT DENVER. AT DENVER, DENVER COUNTY, ON THE CHICAGO, BURLINGTON AND QUINCY RAILROAD, 1.4 MILES SOUTH OF UNION STATION, AT THE WEST COLFAX AVENUE VIADUCT, IN THE WEST FACE OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE COLUMN, 10 FEET EAST OF THE EAST TRACK, AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 54 1934 AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code D indicates a distribution rate of 3.1 thru 4.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.