Details for Benchmark: KK0570
N 39° 43.700 W 105° 00.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENVER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- W 355
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Wizard1 couldn't find KK0570
This benchmark is more than likely gone due to reconstruction of the 8th Ave. bridge.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
2 MI S FROM DENVER. 2.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE UNION STATION AT DENVER, 10 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK, 3.3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, AT THE 8TH AVENUE OVERPASS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST SIDE OF THE NORTH CONCRETE PILLAR OF THE 4TH ROW OF PILLARS WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE OVERPASS.
|01/01/1975 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1975
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code D indicates a distribution rate of 3.1 thru 4.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.