Details for Benchmark: KK1343
N 39° 33.533 W 105° 02.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ARAPAHOE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- M 307 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by CODH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
6.6 KM (4.1 MI) SOUTH FROM LITTLETON. 6.6 KM (4.1 MI) SOUTH ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LITTLETON, AT A RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER U.S. HIGHWAYS 85 AND 87, 1.8 METERS (5.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE RAILROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE OVERPASS.
|07/14/1994 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1994 (MSH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.