Details for Benchmark: KL0033
N 39° 37.500 W 106° 04.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- P 298
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
0.4 MI SE FROM SILVERTHORNE. 0.3 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A SIDE ROAD WHICH PASSES UNDER THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 70 BRIDGES AT SILVERTHORNE, THIS IS JUST PAST A CONCRETE MIXING PLANT ON THE RIGHT. 74 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE ROAD AND 2 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST AND SIGN. NOTE-- 1.1 MI. NW ALONG STATE HWY. 9 FROM JCT. OF U.S. HWY. 6 AND STATE HWY. 9 NEAR DILLON TO T RD SE, 0.4 MI. SE ALONG RD. TO T RD. SW LEADING TO GRAVEL PIT, 77 FT. E AND 12 FT. N., A DISK SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 FT. ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
MARK NOT FOUND.
|10/04/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.