Details for Benchmark: KL0558
N 39° 34.682 W 107° 46.273 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 156
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
3.2 MI N FROM RIFLE. 3.2 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 13 FROM THE CITY PARK AT RIFLE, ABOUT 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF AN INVERTED SYPHON OVER GOVERNMENT CREEK, ABOUT 105 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A CORRUGATED PIPE CULVERT WITH CONCRETE HEAD WALLS, ABOUT 100 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A FENCE, 15 FEET SOUTH OF POLE 126, AND ABOUT 70 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|1/12/1998 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1998 (RSC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.