Details for Benchmark: KL0607
N 39° 32.583 W 106° 07.197 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- TENMILE RIDGE PEAK 1 CAIRN
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951 (WRH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF FRISCO, 6 MILES AIRLINE NORTHWEST OF BRECKENRIDGE, AND ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES EAST OF U.S. HIGHWAY 6, ON THE MOST NORTHERLY POINT OF TENMILE RIDGE, KNOWN LOCALLY AS PEAK NO. 1.
THE CAIRN IS ABOUT 4 FEET HIGH AND 3 FEET IN DIAMETER. THE CENTER OF THE CAIRN WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.