Details for Benchmark: KM0052
N 39° 23.700 W 108° 48.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, CO View Original Datasheet
- C 153
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
14.4 MI N FROM LOMA. 14.4 MILES NORTH OF LOMA SCHOOL ALONG STATE HWY. 139. OUTSIDE OF CURVE. 0.6 MILE SOUTH OF CATTLE GUARD ACROSS HIGHWAY. 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF WOODEN HIGHWAY BRIDGE ACROSS CREEK LINED WITH COTTONWOOD TREES. 135 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTERLINE OF GATEWAY. 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF STATE HWY. 139. 12 FEET SOUTHWEST OF FENCE CORNER. 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF FENCE. TABLET SET IN PRECAST CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1945 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1945
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 22.2 KM (13.8 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 139 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN LOMA, 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) SOUTHWEST OF A BRIDGE OVER EAST SALT CREEK, 37.8 M (124.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE, 33.9 M (111.2 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 5.3 M (17.4 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 1.9 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.