Details for Benchmark: KM0084
N 39° 34.583 W 108° 55.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, CO View Original Datasheet
- R 36
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1964
35.2 MI NW FROM MACK. MACK, COLORADO. 2.4 MILES WEST OF ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 31.8 MILES NORTH ALONG IMPROVED ROAD TO DRAGON, UTAH. 1.7 MILES NW OF THE ABANDONED TOWN OF ATCHEE. IN THE SW 1/4, SEC. 35, T5S, R103W. ON THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE. 27 FT. WEST AND 2.8 FT. HIGHER THAN ROAD. IN A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. A STANDARD TABLET STAMPED 6919.241 R-36 1933.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.