Details for Benchmark: KM0123
N 39° 45.983 W 109° 03.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- A 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
23.6 MI S FROM DRAGON. 23.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE BAXTER PASS ROAD (STATE HWY. 45) FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 1.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG BAXTER PASS ROAD FROM A SIGN DESIGNATION THE LOCATION OF THE FORMER TOWN OF DRAGON, ABOUT 1.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLORADO, UTAH STATE LINE, 50 FEET WEST OF THE ROAD, 2 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS SIGN. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5841.944 A 26 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.