Details for Benchmark: KM0126
N 39° 49.967 W 109° 07.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- D 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
17.4 MI S FROM BONANZA. 17.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE BAXTER PASS ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 4.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF A SIGN DESIGNATING THE LOCATION OF THE FORMER TOWN OF DRAGON, 0.2 MILES SOUTH OF A BRIDGE OVER EVACUATION CREEK, 150 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE ROAD, 40 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A DISMANTLED RAILROAD AND 2 FT. WEST OF A METAL WITNESS SIGN, AND SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.