Details for Benchmark: KM0132
N 39° 55.650 W 109° 07.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- K 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
5.0 MI N FROM WATSON. ABOUT 5.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM WATSON, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 300 FEET WEST OF THE Y-JUNCTION OF THE MAIN ROAD TO DRAGON, AT THE SUMMIT OF THE GRADE IN A SADDLEBACK, ON THE INSIDE OF A CURVE, AND ABOUT 65 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5824.506 K 26 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.